Monday 22 December 2008

henna

my son put henna in my hair for me yesterday. i like it, it's quite red and it's supposed to intensify within days. the grey is a lighter red than the rest. i like it although it was v. messy to wash out. omg it looked like a couple of buckets of slush were thrown in the shower. it took ages to rinse clean and it does smell ever so slightly. not unpleasant just get a whiff of it occasionally and it's a plantish smell. (i know that's not a word). was fairly easy to put on and i mixed it the night before with vinegar. if you put beetroot juice in the mix it gives it a blue tinge and lemon juice is supposed to be good. i drove home in a shower hat with gladwrap on my head. son gave me a cap to wear going home. i had to leave it in for three hours. was all ok. after we put it on we played on his new wii. wow i love it. i might get one. he got wii fit and we did yoga, bowled, there's a tightrope thingy which is way hard and lots of other stuff.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Fran....Glad to hear you finally got your hair done....

    I`m looking at getting a wii as well...Especially the fit board, get these old bones of mine moving...lol

    If I don`t cath up before Christmas you have a wonderful day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mandy, are you still on hols and blogging or are you back? i like the wii there is so much you can do. i'm sure we'll catch up but is not i wish you a very merry christmas and a happy new year. i hope it's a better year next year for all of us. take care and enjoy your christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yevisha so pleased that you are happy with the hair colour. Good to see you had 'home' help.

    Wonder if you would be able to tell me what I may be doing with my Posts. I find that when I type them, leaving spaces, they Post without the spaces. Nothing I do seems to make any difference.

    I am also looking to change the colour of my background. As I have used Indigo Dreaming as my theme I would like Indigo coloured background.

    Finding this a little frustrating at the moment. They never look as I would like them to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounded like a lot of work for a hair colour. Hope you are happy with it and you feel a new person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Diane, yes lots of mess washing it out but besides that just like any other hair colour. it's natural, without the chemicals of hair dye. i like the results. i'll try to post a pic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran. It worked! Thank you so much. Cannot believe how simple it was once I knew what to do.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)