Sunday 15 February 2009

my son


i love my son. i don't see as much of him as i'd like. he's busy and i'm busy. we are all busy these days. i couldn't finish mowing my lawn yesterday as it was longer than usual because of the heatwave and my shoulder was just too sore. the bloody lawnmower is a push one which is ok because the lawn is quite small but i couldn't push it through the long grass as the wheel just seized up and i don't have the strength. how sad. anyhoo, i rang my son and he came and finished it for me bless him, he did the edges too and cleaned up the paths. then i asked him to put some broom handles together so that i could clean the windows upstairs. they were so dirty i couldn't see out of them. before i knew it he was going up the stairs and taking the screens off and was out on the roof with a bucket and cleaning supplies. wowsers, talk about action man. he then put a little shelf thingy over the sink in the bathroom for my toothbrush etc. sometimes he's the best son. i made noodles today (again) and a nice chicken harissa thingy. very spicy but delish. i've frozen it for another day. i love doing that, come home and heat it up instead of cooking. brilliant. i've had a shower and watching the teev. got to go to the dentist after work tomorrow but just for a check up. hope your week is a fantastic one. i forgot to mention that i ate my first tomato tonight. half of it was burnt from the heatwave but i cut that bit off and it was amazing. truly yummy. i'm so proud, there's four more on the bush. i hope they ripen

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Fran...
    What a son, I hope mine is like that one day....With what I have done it will either make himor break him....
    I haven`t had to do much cooking the past few days...No one seemed to be too hgungry so it`s been salad sandwiches..Easy for me....
    Good news on the tomatoes, don`t they taste so much different when you`ve grwon them yourself....I have too many, they are going to waste....
    I do hope we have seen the last of this hot weather, not sure if I could handle more ....
    You have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son was a welcome lift to the spirits....

    Look after your shoulder The heat you have been experiencing during the past month or two would be hard to deal with...how did the tomato survive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great bit of "payback" from the kid! I'm a great one for cooking huge meals and freezing the leftovers for future reference. Tonight I'm eating leftover eggplant and potato bake with steamed zucchini. Yum. And the worst tomatoes from your own plant are still ten times tastier than the supermarket ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on the boy. You are lucky to have him. Frozen extras are handy to have for a rainy day. All my tomato bushes died. I haven't mastered a successful vegy patch yet.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)