Wednesday 15 February 2012

a missed opportunity

dayam.  i wish i had my camera with me but i didn't.  i meant to go up and get it but something came up so i forgot about it for a while.   now, you'll just have to take my word for it and let me try to explain it to you.  i went to check the letterbox and noticed some of the bitumen in the drive way had broken away at the edge.  quite a bit really, it was sticking up. i went over (don't know why) and was amazed at what i saw.  a rather large mushroom/toadstall/thingy had grown up and pushed the bitumen out of the way.  it was about the size of a small cup.  such an unusual site.  when i went back with my camera a day or two later the mushy had gone.  no sign of it.  i thought a pic of the bitumen just wouldn't cut it.  :)

my sister and her hubby came down yesterday to get one of their cars serviced in the city.  we had a nice catch up and sis has to have a heart monitor fitted for a day or two.  i'm not sure how long she'll wear it.  her doctor was away and she had to see a fill in.  good thing too as her usual doctor is pretty useless.  i could do a better job.  ok, maybe not.  :)

below are some pics of amazing mushrooms.  none of them look like mine :)









6 comments:

  1. Your mushroom sounds great!! It is very cool the way a mushroom pushed up through the bitumen...one day nature will take this planet back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my son says the same thing about nature and reclaiming the planet. you never know ;)

      Delete
  2. My goodness must have been some mushroom!!
    Interesting photos of some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. apparently they are quite strong. lots of plants can grow and move concrete etc. it was quite large. i don't know why i didn't notice it before i did.

      Delete
  3. I'm a real fan of fungi - in fact it was a mushroom painting course that got me into painting again.

    Nice to eat them fried in butter too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Cindy. they are certainly interesting and would be great to paint/draw as the textures are diverse. i eat them in stir fries but must admit they are not my faves. they're very good for me so i get on with it. :) hope you and your family are well

      Delete

thanks for visiting. :)