Saturday 26 April 2008

busy busy busy


hello again. girls are coming over tonight for vegetarian dinner so i'm cleaning and cooking and going shopping in a minute. daughter and kids came over yesterday and sil fixed my pergola. omg. it's taken years to get it fixed. he did a good job but when he nailed in the last bit of shade cloth the post next to the broken one broke. :) i'm laughing my arse off and rolling on the floor not. but it's not too bad. we had spag bol for lunch and a nice visit. i took lots of photos with my new camera. it's red and very swish. takes excellent videos too. i'll post some pics soon. it's raining here which is good. i planted a tree last week but don't know what it is because it didn't have a tag. my tomato bush is about to go. it's given me two tomatoes about the size of my little finger nail and it has two on it still. they are even smaller than the two i picked and green. goodbye tomatoes. my bil said it's been a very bad year for tomatoes. he grows the best tomatoes ever. gifts from the tomato goddess are they. divine. he says it's the sheep poo he uses. hmmmmmmmm. i'd better go and do stuff. lots to do. have a lovely one everyone. :)

8 comments:

  1. I`m so glad to hear that someone else had trouble with their tomato bushes this year...I too also got a lousy two tomatoes of one bush and zilch, zippo, nada off the other...I reckon it cost me more to water the damn things than it would have to buy them....lol...

    I`ve gone all out and bought a wattle tree for our front yard....It`s only going to grow about 30 metres...hahahaha....At least i`ll finally get some shade for the front of the house....

    Sounds like you had a fun weekend with the family....

    Great about the rain don`t you think....Well I love it....Anyway must toodle off and get some tea ready....Hokkien noodles tonight for the kids...Their favourite....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i planted a wattle tree about 18 months ago. it's finally in flower and very nice. stands about 6 feet tall. only trouble is the bugs that are eating it. all through summer and now with the cooler weather they are still at it. poor tree has little dead bits on the end of branches. i will spray with soapy water. my neighbour said not to that they'd go away but they haven't. i'll send you a pic of them. they are quite distinct with a cross on their back. about an inch or so long. type of beetle i'd say. lovely to see so much rain i agree. garden got a good soaking. everyone i have spoken to agrees about the tomatoes too. :( never mind there's always next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps mandy, i'd love the noodle recipe if you get a minute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The noodle recipe is a made up one...My own creation...Typically just chuck in what I can find...lol....You can use red meat or chicken, just a packet of stir fry vegies and sometimes I use the continental packet of honey and soy recipe bases....Lots of honey which makes it sweet so the kids will eat it and then of course the hokkien noodles.....I can tell you we never ever have left overs in this house....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to be missing comments I placed on posts earlier today.

    My tomatoes didnt grow this year either ?? Too much rain, maybe.
    The lady in the duplex grows sweet potatos (potatoes ??) she spends $60 on soil, plus ays someone to dig ground! Cheaper to buy at Aldi's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear minerva, i'm getting comments first before i publish them because i've been getting a few spammy comments lately. i don't think they are viruses but you never know. just being careful. i know what you mean about tomatoes though. bad year for them. how's the painting going? Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just dropping by to say have a great weekend....Looks like the weather will be perfect....

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)