Monday 21 January 2013

broken stuff and a dead fishy

january has not been a good month for me in a few ways.  nothing serious but things keep breaking.  and dying.  yes, another fish died this morning.  :(  he's fertilizing the lemon tree now.  a few things have broken lately:

1. my mouse.  it worked when i went into the kitchen and when i came back the left button wouldn't move.  broken.
2. my camera charger.  i plugged it in the other night to charge the battery for the wedding on saturday.  it exploded.  sparks, smoke (the smell was awful) and it made sizzling noises.  very broken. i ordered another one from ebay.
3. the other night i chucked the empty washing basket down the stairs (as is my habit. why take something downstairs when you can chuck it.  most things land safely and i'm usually careful) and my golden Buddha took a tumble.  he has a few holes in him but is otherwise intact so i put him in the garden.

my lovely son came for breakfast and fitted a blockout blind to the lounge room window for me.  it looks fab. he also put a suitcase (i have too many suitcases) up on the wardrobe shelf.  it's got my cables and electrical cords etc in it.  i've been going through mountains of stuff in the spare room and have a giant bag of donations for the second hand shop.  i've also gathered three large bags of rubbish.  good job but it's still not finished.  it's getting there though. oh no, i just reread that and it sounds like my house is really full of junk.  weather is pretty good here.  was a bit damp this morning, from dew me thinks.  i was a little bit cool and almost put a cardy on.  i woke up way too early so may need to take a small nana nap this arvo.  :)  on a positive note, i have three lemons and two chilies growing nicely.  the herbs are doing quite well too.  


from pinterest

tiny and very cute panda


awww.  a cute cat pic :)



8 comments:

  1. That bicycle in the tree is here in Oregon but I've yet to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen, they said on pinterest that it was left there by a young boy who went to war are didn't return. hence, his bike remained and the tree grew around it. do you know if this is true? it's a sad story if it is.

      Delete
  2. I hope that February is a month full of god things for you Yevisha!
    p.s. that cat pic is cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you dear Matthew. i hope the same for you. :)

      Delete
  3. That is a sad story about the boy leaving his bike and not returning from war.
    Tropical fish seem to do that - die - we had that problem long ago when we had those fish.
    Love your photos :)
    That was a bit dangerous regarding the charger, glad you didn't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi M, yes very sad story about the bike isn't it? yes, my fish have a habit of dying on me, Diane said i should get one at a time. i think she's right. :) charger exploding only scared me, no damage to me. the battery looks ok but i daren't use it. the charger itself is damaged. :( have you been away? i haven't heard from you for a little while? my g/daughter just told me that the kids go back to school next monday. wow, january went fast :) hope you are well

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have been at my dads....we stayed there for a little while, and I stay 2 nights a week then come back home, some times if I don't stay I go up to his city 2 times a week..Keeps me busy sometimes. I never miss expect when I go on holiday, then I have to get someone to take care of dad.

      Delete
  4. They say things happen in threes. So its all over now. Look forward to a better future. I find that I have got more clumsy as I get older. growing old isn't for sissies. Are you feeding the fish too much. They don't know when to stop eating and they will eat themselves to death.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)