Saturday, 1 November 2014

a complete disaster

I haven't blogged for ages and I apologise.  i'm sure you missed me.  lol.  well, Liz has returned home and all is well with her.  we had a lot of fun when she was here and didn't shop too much.  well, one or two days we did but I recovered quickly.  she was packed to the hilt when she left but she didn't seem to buy that much stuff.  apparently a lot of things are not available where she lives.  we lunched with our friends A and S quite a bit and as A is a music teacher and has just taken up the uke, we jammed and had fun.  S bought a uke and Liz was going to buy one for her and her husband when she returned.  as you know, the uke is the happiest instrument.  A is quite good and when we were there for lunch one day she brought out a very old accordion and said she hasn't played it for years.  it was a very nice looking accordion and she proceeded to play it like a champ.  obviously she hasn't forgotten how.  it was great.  she taught me a few tunes on the uke and I have to keep practicing them or i'll forget.  my son, the musician :), is pleased that I've taken up the uke again.  so Liz and I shopped, lunched and generally had a good time and those two weeks went so quickly.  last night I went to a local chinese restaurant with some friends from work and had a lovely night.  it was quite hot here yesterday but today it's super windy (I hate the wind) and very cool.  I have some grocery shopping to do as I plan to bake a cake.  I made one the other day which was a complete disaster.  I will attach a photo just so that you can have a laugh.  it's hideous.  I hope the cake I bake today will be an astounding success.  if it is, i'll take a photo.  :)  stay tuned :)  ....

the corner tasted ok although it was super sweet.  there's a face in there somewhere and it's just a little bit creepy. 
 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a good time with Liz. Glad to see you are having fun in retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kissed your posts :)
    You had a great time by the sound of it. Keep practicing the Uke, good sounding instrument.
    Oh gosh about your cake, but never mind, it sure does happen sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A scarey looking cake, in time for Halloween! Any videos of you playing the Uke?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an American man, and I have decided to boycott American women. In a nutshell, American women are the most likely to cheat on you, to divorce you, to get fat, to steal half of your money in the divorce courts, don’t know how to cook or clean, don’t want to have children, etc. Therefore, what intelligent man would want to get involved with American women?

    American women are generally immature, selfish, extremely arrogant and self-centered, mentally unstable, irresponsible, and highly unchaste. The behavior of most American women is utterly disgusting, to say the least.

    This blog is my attempt to explain why I feel American women are inferior to foreign women (non-American women), and why American men should boycott American women, and date/marry only foreign (non-American) women.

    BOYCOTT AMERICAN WOMEN!

    www.boycottamericanwomen.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)