Tuesday 6 November 2007

a day at home




i'm on toil today. time off in lieu. it's great. i have a few things to do but nothing too exciting. i am going to buy some herbs and plant them in a pot. i have so little sun in my yard it's not funny. plants need sun. if i put them in a pot maybe i can move them around a bit. sad isn't it? i'd love to plant a cherry tomato too. i have some mother in law's tongue. it's rotting in the pot so i'm thinking too much water (how can this be?) or not enough sun, so i've moved the pots. i mowed the lawn last night (it's tiny thank goodness) and the whipper snipper cord thingy broke, so i fixed that this morning and finished the edges. then the little broom and dustpan broke as well. i may have to replace them today. funny isn't it how you have no plans and before long your day is full? then i have to catch up on housework. vacuum etc. get the wax out of those jeans from a month ago. they are soaking in hot water as i type. i'm going through my clothes and getting rid of stuff i haven't worn for a year, less or more, you know what i mean. well that's the plan anyway. i wonder how much i can cross off my list today. have a great day everyone, at least the weather is nice today, after all that fabulous rain it's a lovely day. bfn

7 comments:

  1. Hi Yevisha,

    If you have trouble getting the wax out try the old paper towel and hair dryer trick. The hair dryer melts the wax and the paper towel absorbs it.

    Cheers

    Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am useless when it comes to whipper snippers or even starting a lawn mover, hanged if I can do that.

    Yes most plants need sun, some only little sun others a lot of sun.

    I am not one for throwing out clothes or giving them away because if I do, I seem to always want something I have given away.

    Hope you got the wax out.

    Take care,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Yevisha,

    You must of got a bit frustrated when the cord broke and then the dust pan and broom. It is nice when the lawn is all mowed and the edges done, this time of year the lown grows so quickly.

    I was going to suggest about the wax, brown paper on both sides and iron the wax and the brown paper will absorb it but Rudy's suggestion will work.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, regarding the wax. Mum use to put kitchen paper over it an iron it off. Heat melts wax and paper absorbs it.
    How you bin. I've been tidying up files, music etc and deleting bb will send you a myspace message soon. love

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's weird I sent you a comment and it's not there. Will try again later, forgo what I said. I have millions of Mother-in=laws tongues I don't water them at all!! So they mustn't need much water. My Romas and vine tomatoes are powering but cherries are slow. Fed is a Bowling Green Keeper and gives me all the handy hints. Sun is especially essential and lots of it for tomatoes.
    As for the wax problem Rudy has said what I did (in my missing comments) lol except Mum used to place the paper towel over the wax and the iron melted it and the paper absorbed it. I just noticed that you have enabled comments so you may get two. love

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day,it's good when you fix things, gives me a good feeling. I don't know much about plants. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I can't work a lawn mower or whipper snipper when it comes to the lawn that is hubby job I take care of the inside of the house.

    Some days nothing seem to go right and we all have days like that.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)