Tuesday 20 November 2007

sad news


i was saddened to read that Les's beautiful cat Harley has passed away. He had an accident some weeks ago and I think was recovering quite well. But alas not. My daughter lost her beautiful dog last week too. She was a lovely girl. She jumped up onto the windowsill as she did throughout the day and hit her head. She's done that before too, many times. My daughter thought she looked a little stunned and kept an eye on her until she went to work thinking that if she wasn't herself when she came home from work she'd take her to the vet. My daughter's partner went into the backyard when he got home around 2.00 pm and found her dead. Of course, the family is still dreadfully upset. We love our pets and they are so much a part of our families. I still miss my beautiful, faithful and loving Siamese cat Vincent every day even though he passed on three years ago. He was 14 years old and I loved him so much. He's in the yard near the bird bath so that he gets the afternoon sun. He was such a cold little fish he insisted on getting under the covers in 'our' bed and slept on top of the heater during the winter.

6 comments:

  1. Hello tamaris,

    Oh, so sad about your daughter's dog.
    And you miss your cat too!
    Our animals do mean a lot to us, and when they go it's like a family member that's gone.
    Our dogs are getting old, one is 13 and the other 11. Both are not that well in their own way and I dread the day that we don't have them anymore.

    Take care,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that`s terrible Yevisha...And just before christmas too...It is very hard dealing with the loss of a pet...Our cat still hasn`t come home so now I think something terrible has happened to him...It`s the not knowing which is the hardest....Thanks for your emails too...Feeling better now so I think I may go back to blogging again...lol...Have a good day and take care for now...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mandy and margaret, thanks for your comments. mandy, it's good news that you'll resume blogging soon. ;) yevisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Very sad news about the pets. We are unable to have pets in our rental house which is really hard. Its so true what margaret said about how they are just like a family member.

    Anywho, I'm off to 'hopefully' find some motivation for housework. argh!!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beck, good luck with the housework. the best motivation for me is when my very very tidy (read anal) sister is due for a visit. :) yevisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sad Tamaris, the pain is tremendous from the loss of a pet, they are so special to us. I hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)