Saturday 29 December 2007

i got a new bike


very good news from mandy this week. chookers mandy. you deserve things to go well for a change. i hope it continues.


i'll get the complaints out of the way first. IT'S HOT. i hate the heat. for some obscure reason i cope quite well with it in bali but not here. moist heat and dry heat i suppose. my skin is much better over there too. not so dry.


my g/friend maz, has a job interview this week so i'm wishing her chookers.


i'm going to the chemist to get weighed soon but i'm not hopeful as i had pudding for xmas lunch and some chocolates. yes, i know that's terrible. :) we'll see.


i hope to see the kids this arvo. my daughter is moving next week. have you noticed that supermarkets don't have cardboard cartons anymore? i guess you could ask as they may be in the back. i'm hoping they settle in well and things go ok for them.


they are advertising a duster on the teev for only $60 something dollars, plus $20 delivery. omg. i wonder if people buy those things.


big news. i got a bike, that's a pic of it. it's got lots of gears and one day i may use some of them. it's red so it goes fast, except when i ride it that is. old people on bikes probably not a good look. i have to put it in my dining room coz it won't fit in the shed, besides the lizards might poop on it. i wouldn't mind a scooter. i had one when i was a teenager, loved it. then my late husband and i had one each. he used to take our daughter on his. i love them. the woman next door got one recently. she's scared of it. i must say the traffic takes no notice of you on a scooter. you have to be doubly careful. but the benefits far outweigh the negatives. you can park just about anywhere, it cost didley squat to fill with fuel. you can wait at the lights behind buses and inhale. ahhhhh. love bus fumes. negatives include being out in the weather, both hot and rain and insects. i got stung by a bee once and it hurt like hell. it went inside my shirt and stung me on the neck. it was red and angry for months. the man in the shop asked me if it was a love bite. how embarrassing. i was sad to sell them when my husband died. anyway back to my bicycle, maz gave it to me. i know, she insisted. she can't ride but had visions of riding to work etc etc. i will give her some money for it. may have to buy a gift voucher. she won't take anything for it. i will force her.


last night i dreamt that i was in bali and i rang my b/friend and he didn't want to talk to me. i was so upset. i could hear him and he told his friend to say he wasn't there. recently i've started dreaming of arriving in bali and wtf it's port pirie (a really feral town up north, hot and dry and not pleasant). stress dreams i suppose. once i dreamt i went to bali and it was semaphore. (lovely seaside suburb of adelaide where lots of lesbians live). i have the weirdest dreams, it's like i'm on some mind altering drug trip.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Yevisha, My gmail doesnt show many interactive comments so I sit thinking everyone is dormant.

    Re Cartons - I have been packing. I've done 15 just of the stuff I don't use (Broccoli boxes from the back of Farmer Charlies) lids and all. I seal and cockroaches puzzle about how to get in.

    Re Bike = 'mods' use to have scooters, remember. I had a little step thru honda and my sis a suzuki. Gravel still to this day comes out of my elbow as it works it's way up.
    You said so much I can't remember all. Something about lesbians....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yevisha,

    Scooter (or motor bike) ownership might have a larger number of positives but the one big negative is the damage done to you when you hit the pavement. I have known a lot of motor bike riders and have found that there are two types of motor bike riders.....those that have had an accident and those that are still to have one. Sorry about being so negative about them but I have lost a couple of friends who didn't fare well in their accidents.

    Take care

    Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. my parents reminded me My old bike is still at their house and they are cleaning up..will have to pick it up soon.

    I should think if you are at the shops early enough before they flatten all the boxes you could get some.

    Have a great New Years Eve..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my dear I hope you had a pleasant evening last night...Me well I sat in front of the air-con with my hubby and we had a few drinks, saw in the new year, waited up for my middle son to come home from seeing the fireworks down at Glenelg and then went to bed to try and get some sleep....Im so over this summer...Can`t you tell...lol...

    I`ll keep an eye out for you on the roads then shall i...lol...
    And as far as the diet goes , well we`re all entitled to a few treats over the festive season...I`ve noticed i haven`t been eating too much these past few days...It`s just too damned hot...

    Never knew about Semaphore being the spot for lesbians...You live and learn...lol...

    Well I hope sincerely 2008 is a better year for us all...And that it doesn`t go as fast as what 2007 did....The years seem to be flying and that`s making me get older....lol...

    Take care Yevisha...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)