Thursday 6 December 2007

it's nearly christmas


hello, well it's getting to be a bit busy and hectic lately. i don't know where the time goes. i have two christmas cards already. one from my sister and one from my friend. he's just found a lady friend. his word, not mine :) his wife, also a friend of mine, left him years ago to 'go her own way'. she's just married again for the third time. she has treated him dreadfully yet he goes out of his way to help her. she is jealous that he has finally moved on and is happy. he's even put the house on the market and he refused to do that when they were married. she's had some doozy relationships over the years. i think her current husband married her to stay in the country. she's almost admitted as much. he hasn't got his permanent recidency yet.

last night Kim and i were 'special guests' at a dinner for an association Kim has been involved with. well, she was the special guest, not me. i just tagged along as her driver. dinner was lovely. santa made and appearance and get this. we bought raffle tickets on the way in and i won. THREE TIMES. no shyte. amazing. i was too nice to take the large prize on the table. we could pick whatever we wanted. i chose a bottle of champers. then i gave Kim the second ticket. she chose her prize. then i won again and i gave it to the secretary who invited us. i was just embarrassed to take all prizes. Kim is disgusted with me. she said it's my luck and i gave it away. we had a lovely evening. Kim gave me a present. it's a ring. an oval pink zirconia with two white zirconias on the side shaped like triangles in stirling silver. it's really lovely. she is very kind. we got home about 11.00 pm which is a bit late for me. i was hanging out for a coffee so i had one at that hour. i slept like a baby. i was truly exhausted. i had another early meeting this morning but it wasn't until 8.30 am so that wasn't too bad. did i tell you i've started to buy christmas presents? i have done a few, not many.

the pic is just a few :) orchids on Kim's veranda. i repotted some belonging to my mum who died in 1981 the other day and she had them for ages. i hope they don't die. it's been a bit hot. they don't look very healthy atm.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tamaris,

    Thanks for all your emails, saves me searching around for stuff to read while having my coffee.

    I am trying to work out how to do a drop down list for bloggers (it takes up too much room) Have you activated your rss feed? If so click it and add me, so I can get daily updates. I am slowly cruising around adding everyone. I thought I had, but failed to understand they are stored in the star to the left of toolbar. I thought no one was posting.
    lots of love to you and your family.

    PS Love the garden, can't wait to move and set up my new one. Been practising on nasturtiums (?) marigolds (cheap).I love Jamie Oliver's garden watch it Thurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tamaris...

    How lucky are you winning all 3 prizes...lol....And I agree with your friend Kim you should have kept them...

    Sounds like you had a great night out and what a lovely gift from your friend...I love rings...I have one more ring to buy then I have one on every finger...lol...

    How was the storm last night..Scarey stuff and I just happened to be driving in to...OMG nearly shit my pants...lol...

    Well have a great weekend and get the rest of your chrissy shopping done girl..Not long to go now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello..

    wow ..lucky you..you are very generous to share..

    your ring sounds lovely..and your flowers/orchards look divine..I hope they are ok..

    It doesn't hurt to have a late night occasionally..good that you sleep so well..I wounldn't be able to have a coffee that late and sleep ok..

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)