Monday 24 March 2008

bad news

i went to visit maz yesterday for lunch. she told me she has cancer and only months to live. it started with breast cancer and now her liver is stuffed and it's in her lungs. her lungs have been bad for years. she told me she had asthma. she has fits and has to go to the hospital for morphine injections most days. she's on medication naturally. i suppose it's just a question of being there for her and trying to support her as best i can. god knows she'll need some supporting in the months to come. she said she refuses to die and they can get stuffed. she is nothing if not fiesty and i suppose that's the only way to be if you've got cancer. it's all too sad.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yevisha i`m so sorry to hear of your friend...It`s just not fair...The word cancer still hits a raw nerve with me because of my father...It`s been 2 years now just this month of his passing and still I think why....At least your friend has a fiesty attitude towards it all...My dad did also...I think it helps the people that are and will be left behind...
    She has a good friend in you Yevisha, make the most of everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Fran, that is sad. My love is with you and your support to your friend. lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. so hard for you both. Sounds like she is a fighter and is so lucky to have you with her on this journey. Difficult for you but your inner strength will show through for her and yourself. Kind wishes and much love to you both.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)