Thursday 6 March 2008

blood


the pic is of a sign at a temple in bali, i hope you can read it, if not click on it to magnify and press the back button to return to blog, it's a classic
you may remember when i had the whipper snipper accident and the blood flowed. mine literally. sprouted may better describe the scene. it was horibilis. tiny wound, lots of blood. it filled my croc and it went all over the veranda and sprayed all over the shed wall. sorry if i’m making you feel sick. when i went to remove the huge stain from said veranda it didn’t want to go. it’s still there. a sort of darkish stain of no particular colour. i scrubbed it but no go. only i’d know what it really is. now there’s another one. my sliding screen door fell off last night. i nudged it with my bike tyre as i was trying to get out the door. i couldn’t get it back on (the door that is). i know how to put it back it just didn’t want to go . i tried and tried. then i noticed blood all over the door. yes, again. there was a little bit of aluminium sticking out and i cut my finger in a few places. by this time i was saying that word. you know the one. frustrated and very hot was i. i gave up in the end and put it in the dining room and felt rather, how you say?, vulnerable as i live alone and i’m out most of the day. it’s my main entrance. my unit faces a park but the car park and main gate come into the back of my place and hence the back door is my main door. have i confused you yet? i rang around this morning to get someone to put it back for me. the earliest timeframe was two weeks. yes 2. omg. so i rang my dil (daughter in law). sorry we can’t come over we are at work and busy tonight. so rang my daughter. sil had left for work. so i rang his mobile and luckily he was up the road at the office. thank the goddess and her dog. he came around and put it back for me in no time. now he is not my fave person in the whole world. best thing i can say about him is he’s the father of the two people i love most in the whole world (g/kids of course). he impregnated my daughter when she was very young (she had nothing to do with it of course :0) and i’ve sort of held it against him ever since, that and a whole lot of other stuff which is not necessary to go into here. we get on ok but are not besties, but i must say he was very good and i’m very grateful. so that’s the story of blood and my door. i must clean it off before the stain refuses to budge like the other one.
i’m drinking a very nice cup of bali coffee as i type. it’s not the brand i usually get but it’s very nice. i am still not ‘together’ since my hols, still stuff to put away and go through. i’ve been feeling very cluttered and unorganised lately. i keep losing things like books and important papers so i need to spend some time cleaning and clearing. i will soon, maybe after the heatwave we are going through atm. maybe. i hope you are well and happy. bfn

2 comments:

  1. Loved the sign...lol....

    Glad to hear you got the door back on it`s runners...They can be a bugga....Gee how busy some people are...Too busy to take 5 minutes out of their day...It`s a sad sad world isn`t it...

    I am so over this heat...I can`t take much more of it...I`ve been so cranky and I don`t mean to be but if I open my mouth lately it`s just to put my foot in it...lol....

    Try and have a good weekend..Stay cool if at all possible...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)