Sunday 30 March 2008


good morning, i finished the book. very readable even though i didn't really like this person. she's annoying at times. but, having said that the book is great. the bali bit is really interesting because she sees bali, not as the perfect island holiday destination, but as it really is. an island with a rich history of violence, uncertainty, faith and belief. she captures the culture very well. http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/bio.htm

i saw the kids yesterday and i have to report that a. my grandson loves me more than his transformers. wow. and b. my granddaughter loves me the same as santa. not more but the same. ok, i was hoping to come before santa but i suppose i'll have to settle for equal place.

i went out to dinner friday night. i arrived at a local restaurant and was shown to our table. i waited. and waited. no friends. where are they? how rude to be so late. the restaurant, which is always (nearly always) half empty was chockers. how embarrassing. i rang them. no answer. after forty minutes i went to counter and explained situation and ordered take away. my friend rang then. seems i had the wrong night. omg. am i getting old or what? :)

11 comments:

  1. You duffer ..
    Check out my new blog
    http://downtoearth-virgolynne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...Nothing like getting in early for your dinner date....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting my site up Fe. Love the pink and grey. Have you been to dinner yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny when I first started blogging and reading beatnik's comments I thought lol stood for 'little old lady'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well you still had an interesting night out..how frustrating though..you are good waiting 40 minutes..

    ReplyDelete
  6. evening,
    i was looking for a good book and so iwill write it down and ask the library if they have it.
    i just read bill brysons a little biton everything, or something like that. very interesting if you like science, which i do, when well written and full of giggles.
    byeeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Yevisha,

    Haven't called in for ages. I like what you've done to your site. What a screech about that dinner date. That's the sort of thing that I would do......hehehehehehe

    Cheers

    Rudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love 'The Cosmos' image.

    Having trouble with bb tonite AND my Down to Earth bs keeps rejecting my password. grrr
    I think Barry aka shaymus aka les aka won hung may suffer from MPS (multiple personality disorder) :)
    Goodnite

    ReplyDelete
  9. H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Yevisha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Yevisha
    Happy birthday to you.(singing to myself as I type)...lol

    Hope you had a lovely day and got spoilt rotten....

    ReplyDelete
  11. evening,
    i can not believe that arty has gone too.
    it is a mass exodus.
    hubby is watching underbelly, which as you know, is all 'kill, maime and destroy'. why oh why do men like that?
    byeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)