Tuesday 1 December 2009

car repairs


the car broke down last saturday night. alternator. i couldn't drive it so yesterday i got a free ride in a tow truck just around the corner to the repairers. $360 later it's on the road again. ahhh my son is having car problems too. the mechanic, after $500, is still not sure what it is. my advice was to change the mechanic. cars are very necessary but so expensive to own. there's a payroll deduction lease thing at work now but don't know if i should join. they pay for everything but at the end of the term you don't own the car. i personally would like one of those sedgewick (or something like that) things. like a stand up scooter. i can just see myself whizzing down the shops and to work on one of those. that or an etype jag that is. lol i don't know. my daughter has moved into the new house. early days yet. i had ants on the weekend. he's in love. he went to the blue light disco (yes they still have them) and kissed a girl. omg. he's growing up. i hope his mother has had the talk with him. i'm sure she has. they start early these days don't they?

3 comments:

  1. Those scooter thingies would be uncomfortable in cold wet weather.We just paid 600 dollars for a service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cars these days are a necessary evil....The kids are always at me to get one of those scooters...Oh yes I can just see me now with a bright pink one scooting down the road abusing drivers who don`t see me...lol....
    Kids sure do grow up too quick Fran...Thankfully my youngest isn`t on that path yet..God help me when he is though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, i know about the cold weather as i used to drive one when my husband was alive. we had one each, he took our daughter on his. great for parking and fuel consumption but it's true no-one else sees you and in wet weather they are the pits. i had black leather gloves on once in a rain storm and black hands for weeks afterwards. Mandy, you'd look great on a pink scooter. Ants has started early me thinks. i hope it all turns out ok for you. hard times. Fran

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)