Friday 9 January 2015

a few new things and the weather

today i finally got a new diary.  i usually get an insert/refill but this year they have been hard to find.  it's been convenient to have my other stuff in my filofax type diary and just get the refill each year.  work paid for it most years although i had to purchase it myself.  this year i received a mini diary from work coz i volunteer.  it's quite handy and i don't know if i really need a full size one but i bought one today anyway.  i got a new menorah and whilst in perth i picked up a balinese barong mask. it's a bit scary so i put it out on the veranda lol.  on to the weather.  as you know we have had severe bushfires here and yesterday and today we have had lots of rain.  we are expecting more rain over the weekend, in fact the heaviest rain we've had for 40 years.  country areas are on standby for flooding. amazing isn't it?  just a few days ago it was in the 40s and today it went down to 25.  welcome to adelaide weather.  nothing unusual there.  :(  i couldn't sleep last night coz it was so humid.  horrible.



i found this site interesting.  poor little koalas

4 comments:

  1. It is a scary mask. Lets hope it scares away bad spirits. I don't by diaries any more because I use my phone calendar its great,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Diane, i use my phone too but my friend just lost his online diary with lots of important dates in it so i usually have a back up hard copy. just a habit really.

      Delete
  2. You have had such dreadful weather, hot, fires and floods, but that's Australia.
    Oh, don't care for the mask, and I would put it where you have too.
    I use my phone and sometimes email the contents to my email.
    Hope you are ok..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi M, yes bushfires etc here but under control atm. now in WA. such a worry for all concerned. have you got an iphone or android? can you email your calendar contents? i must find out if this is possible, i've got an android. :) all well here, i hope you are too :)

      Delete

thanks for visiting. :)