Saturday 7 January 2012

breakfast

Carol, a friend of mine from work, and i are watching our diet as we both have high cholesterol.  she gave me some recipes the other day and some hints about what she's doing with her diet.  for breakfast she has uncle toby's cereal and yoghurt.  i tried it and it's nice but the yoghurt is full of sweeteners.  yuk.  also, it doesn't taste good every day.  so, i went out and got some greek yoghurt and strawberries and voila.  a very healthy and yummy breakfast mixed in with the cereal. i find milk on cereal doesn't always agree with me.  i was having porridge most mornings through winter but there's only so much porridge (with a few sultanas) one can eat.  on sundays i sometimes have fried tomatoes and toast, and if my son comes over for breakfast i'll have that.  i love fried tomatoes. years ago i didn't eat breakfast but now i need it.  it's nice on w/ends to eat it when i'm ready instead of because it's breakfast time.  enjoy your w/end where ever you are.  i've got to go, it's coffee time and rage is going retro this morning  :)

7 comments:

  1. I like to mix up my breakfast as I find having the same thing day in and day out is just boring.......I have never tried greek yoghurt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jo-Anne, you should try it. delish. i've been having it for dessert with fruit and cereal. oops two breakfasts :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and your friend are lowering your cholesterol, but what will be will be with that.

    Strange, I didn't realize you had a post about breakfast, I just wrote a post about mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi whiteangel, great minds hey? i hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love breakfast now that I'm retired because I can sit there as long as I like. We usually have Bircher Muesli made by Bill from Switzerland and its delicious. Oats soaked in orange juice, yoghurt, sultanas. nuts, grated apple. nutmeg and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Diane, yes i agree, brekky is much nicer when you can take your time. muesli sounds very delicious. i should try and make my own too. i want to make some yoghurt at home. it's not too hard i think. thanks for the complement re the blog. as you can see i've been playing. great fun but the trouble is there are so many choices to make. knowing when to stop is the hardest part. :) i've been enjoying your travels via you blog. i envy you your lovely travels and your talent for taking the best photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)