Saturday 3 January 2009

grandchildren

stayed over last night. jordy woke at 5.40 am and whispered to herself, wiggled, tried to put up the venetian blind (unsuccessfully) and then played her nintendo ds thingy which i'm here to tell you has THE most annoying sound known to man. but guess what? she actually went back to sleep after a toilet stop. unbelievable, she was yawning and she did have a late night, we were talking at 11.00 pm. she loves to lay in bed with nana and talk. we eventually fell asleep and i must say i slept quite well considering. we just had lunch and are watching the tv while taking turns on the computer. i set the kitchen timer. it's my turn now. we are having icecream for dessert in a minute. yesterday we went to the movies and saw bolt. it was great. we loved it. so that was my friday and today. i'll take them home later.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun on New Year's Eve and smelling good too. Fun with grandchildren is something I'm yet to experience. I love the pretty feet in your title picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Diane, yes g/children are a joy. i love them so much. i agree that the pic is lovely. it's an indian style wedding on a balinese beach. i'm tired now though. cheers, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you on the Nintendo DS Fran...I gave one to my daughter for Christmas and she has the dog training one...Well it`s like listening to a cracked record....Apparently you have to train the dog and like any normal dog it1s repetative.....lol
    Glad you had a nice time with your grand daughter....
    Poor Matt is feeling it with his daughters...Not one of them have got in contact with him over the xmas or new year....I feel for him....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandchildren are such a joy but when they live with you they can be exhausting at times. I have Leo with me at the moment his mother woke me up at 6.30am to help her which involved me watching him while she went back to bed.

    At the moment it's ok he is just playing and in an hour I will go back to bed and get her up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree Jo-Anne, i don't know how i'd cope if they lived with me. a completely different story to be sure. although i'd rather live with them than their mother, that would be impossible. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 5yo daughter likes to sleep on dad's side when he is away....its nice because she usually sleeps in...Now James has decided next time dad and Lauren are away its his turn- not good - he grinds his teeth, and talks and gets up early - so hopefully we will have forgotton by the time it occurs!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)