Friday 26 December 2008

RIP Miss Eartha Kitt


i've just heard the news that Miss Eartha Kitt has passed away and i'm am truly saddened. i've just finished her book Rejuvenate! It's Never Too Late and the biography written a while ago was a very interesting read. she had an amazing life and rose from a childhood of poverty, abuse and being unwanted and unloved. she was an outspoken activist for the rights of blacks and women. she was a true star, one of the old breed that are sadly disappearing. she died at age 81 of colon cancer. RIP dear Miss Kitt

4 comments:

  1. I have not really heard much of this lady Fran....
    There`s that word again "cancer"....It can get the best of us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Miss Eartha Kit..
    Sharing the sadness, gone from our sight, but never our memories, gone from our touch, but never our hearts. Her music will live on bringing joy and pleasure.

    Smiling at your previous Post as I have always been a bit of a 'collector' only to find that as I am now retired and down sizing I am happy to find new homes for my once priceless objects.

    I wish you the best of luck with sorting through it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She had such a different voice, loved her stuff and I also love reading biographies.
    A sad day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sad news she such an amazing voice.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting. :)